Once again Oklahoma’s softball season finale is Bedlam. And once again the winner of the Bedlam series will take home the regular season Big 12 championship, allowing either the Sooners or Cowgirls to enter the conference tournament with the top seed. OU is gunning for a 10th consecutive regular season title which would continue a streak that is currently the longest in Big 12 history.
|Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State|
|Day||Start Time (CT)|
How To Watch
All three games will be aired on ESPN networks, with Thursday night’s game on ESPN at 7 p.m. CT. Friday’s contest will be shown on ESPN2 at 6 p.m., and Saturday’s game is scheduled for a 4 p.m. ﬁrst pitch on ESPNU. ESPN’s crew of Beth Mowins, Michele Smith, Jessica Mendoza and Holly Rowe will be on the call.
The Bedlam series will also be broadcast on 107.7 FM in Oklahoma and nationwide on The Varsity app.
- The Sooners are batting .381 as a team with a nation-leading 120 home runs, 437 runs scored on 427 hits and 413 RBIs.
- Oklahoma is outscoring opponents 427-37 with only 26 of the runs given up being earned.
- OU is slugging .766, holds a .489 on-base percentage.
- The Sooners have stolen 52 bases on 65 attempts.
- The OU pitching staff leads the nation with a 0.71 ERA.
- Oklahoma pitchers have 380 strikeouts and have allowed opponents to bat just .139 against them.
- Oklahoma leads the all-time series over Oklahoma State 96-71, including a 42-21 record in Norman.
- The Sooners have won 26 of their last 27 games over the Cowgirls dating back to 2011. Oklahoma State won its ﬁrst game over OU in 10 years last season in Stillwater. It marked Oklahoma State’s ﬁrst win over OU since April 27, 2011.
- OU head coach Patty Gasso holds a 17-1 record vs. OSU head coach Kenny Gajewski.
- The two teams last met in the Big 12 Tournament in 2021, with the Sooners taking the tourney crown with a 10-2 win over the Cowgirls in 6 innings. OU won the regular season series in 2021 two games to one to clinch the Big 12 regular season title.
- The Sooners lead the NCAA with 120 home runs and are averaging 2.60 home runs per game.
- Three Sooners rank in the top-15 nationally in home runs: Jocelyn Alo is second in the NCAA with 23 home runs while Tiare Jennings (21) ranks fourth and Grace Lyons (17) is 13th.
- Thirteen different Sooners have hit home runs in 2022 with 11 hitting multiple blasts and eight hitting at least four.
Owning The Circle
- Oklahoma’s pitching staff holds a nation-best 27 shutouts on the season.
- Sooner hurlers have a combined 380 strikeouts in 258.0 innings pitched this season.
- Freshman Jordy Bahl leads the OU staff with 191 strikeouts in 123.2 IP, while Hope Trautwein (75.0 IP) and Nicole May (58.2 IP) have 116 and 72 K’s, respectively.
- OU pitchers have thrown two perfect games and four no-hitters this season.
Best In The Land
Oklahoma holds the No. 1 ranking in nine major national categories as a team:
• Batting Average: .381
• Earned Run Average: 0.71
• Home Runs: 120
• Home Runs per game: 2.6
• Slugging Percentage: .766
• Scoring: 9.5 runs/game
• On Base Percentage: .489
• W-L Percentage: .978
• Shutouts: 27
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland