Kickoff: 7:00 PM CT
Location: Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
Notes & Storylines
- Oklahoma has won 14 Big 12 championships in the league’s first 26 years while Kansas State is tied for fourth with two titles (the two programs shared the 2012 crown).
- Since 1999, OU has won three more Big 12 championships (14) than it has lost overall home games (11; three of the losses were to Kansas State).
- OU has won eight of its last nine Big 12 openers and 12 of its last 14. Its two Big 12-opening defeats in the last 14 years both came to Kansas State in Norman (24-19 in 2012 and 38-35 in 2020).
- Oklahoma head coach Brent Venables, who is from Salina, Kan., played his last two seasons at Kansas State (1991 and ’92) after transferring from Garden City (Kan.) Community College.
- The road team in the OU-Kansas State series has won eight of the last 11 meetings.
- OU ranks 14th nationally by allowing just 10.0 points per game.
- Despite ranking 126th out of 131 FBS teams in average time of possession this season (24:55), the Sooners have outgained their opponents by a combined 564 yards (1,502-938).
- The Sooners’ defense leads the nation with its 32 tackles for loss (nation-leading 167 lost yards) and ranks fourth nationally with its 13 sacks (4.3 per contest) and second with its 96 sack yards.
- Oklahoma is tied for sixth nationally by committing just one turnover on the year.
Odds & Predictions
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland