Tip: 7:00 PM CT
Location: Lloyd Noble Center
Notes & Storylines
- Oklahoma is ranked in the top 50 in four NCAA categories. The Sooners are 17th in 3-point percentage defense (20.4), 25th in scoring defense (54.3), 32nd in defensive rebounds per game (31.33) and 47th in field goal percentage defense (36.2).
- Forward/Center Tanner Groves is third in the nation and first in the Big 12 in defensive rebounds per game (9.7). Groves in 45th nationally and third in the conference in blocks (6).
- Guard Grant Sherfield is 16th among active NCAA Division I career leaders in assists per game (5.0), 17th in assists turnover ratio (1.92), 26th in total assists (435) and 30th in scoring average (15.0).
G – Owen White
G – Isaiah Moore
G – Tyrell Jones
G – Greg Parham III
C – Kevin Samuel
G – Grant Sherfield
G – C.J. Noland
F – Jacob Groves
F – Jalen Hill
F/C – Tanner Groves
The Last Meeting (January 6, 1982)
- Oklahoma earned the 79-72 victory against South Alabama and improved to 8-3 in the second year of the Billy Tubbs era.
- Chuck Barnett recorded a team-high 23 points and David Little scored 21 points.
- The Sooners shot 49.0% (27-55) from the field and pulled away from the Jaguars after shooting 65.2% (15-23) in the second half.
- Oklahoma went to the free throw line 38 times, 15 more times than South Alabama.
Scouting The Jaguars
- South Alabama beat Mobile 97-59 to open the season and have since dropped back-to-back games.
- Ritchie Riley is in his fifth year as South Alabama head coach and has compiled a 76-53 record.
- Isaiah Moore averages 17.7 points and adds a team-high 6.3 assists per game. Kevin Samuel is the team’s leading rebounder, corralling 9.3 boards per game to go along with 11.7 points. Greg Parham II rounds out the trio of top scorers, adding 10.7 points per game.
Odds & Predictions
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland