For the first time in years, the Oklahoma City Thunder is legitimately in the conversation to earn a spot in the playoffs, even if it is in a play-in game. A little over halfway through the current season, the Thunder sits at 10th places in the Western Conference standings with a 21-33 record. Despite being tied with Portland, they own the tiebreaker over the Blazers. Also, the standings are so close that OKC is just one game back of sixth place. A lot can happen between now and the end of the season.
The Thunder is currently streaking, winners of their last three, and after a 4-game road trip, they return to OKC on Wednesday night to host the Indiana Pacers. The Pacers are 8th in the Eastern Conference with a 23-22 record, but they are on a 4-game losing streak. Potential All-Star point guard Tyrese Haliburton will miss his fourth straight outing tonight due to sprained left knee and elbow, but Indiana still has plenty of weapons.
Myles Turner, in particular, comes to mind as a guy that could hurt OKC because of his length and speed. The Thunder will have their hands full at slowing him down without giving up open shots to sharpshooter All in all, it’s just another night of tough competition for a young Thunder squad that continues to impress with their ability to compete night in and night out.
Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jalen Williams
- C: Jaylen Williams
- PG: Andrew Nembhard
- SG: Buddy Hield
- SF: Bennedict Mathurin
- PF: Aaron Nesmith
- C: Myles Turner
- Ousmane Dieng is OUT (non-displaced fractured right wrist).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Eugene Omoruyi is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is OUT (left tibial plateau; non-displaced fracture).
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Lindy Waters III is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Kendall Brown is OUT (stress reaction in right tibia).
- Tyrese Haliburton is OUT (sprained left knee and elbow).
- Trevelin Queen is QUESTIONABLE (G League — two-way).
- Daniel Theis is OUT (right knee surgery).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 12-14 against the Pacers (7-4 at home, 5-10 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Pacers 3 times, lost it 4 times, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder tied the season series 1-1 (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road) last season.
- The last two games with the Pacers have been decided in overtime.