The Oklahoma City Thunder looked ready to go for the start of the season on Tuesday night as they handily defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 124-101. Both teams were essentially at full strength, and the game was essentially in the Thunder’s hands from start to finish. Chet Holmgren continues to impress, and the expectation of the next phase of Thunder basketball is well on the rise.
Now the Thunder has just one more preseason game remaining as they will play the Detroit Pistons in Tulsa in front of a different type of home crowd. The Thunder has played a preseason game in Tulsa for years now, and it’s a great way to unite OKC fans a little farther north. The two teams met in Canada just one week ago in a battle to the end, and now we will get a rematch to wrap up preseason play. It is not yet known if OKC will rest any players ahead of the season opener in a little less than a week.
Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: BOK Center (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Stream: Thunder App
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jalen Williams
- C: Chet Holmgren
- PG: Cade Cunningham
- SG: Ausar Thompson
- SF: Alec Burks
- PF: Isaiah Stewart
- C: Jalen Duren
- Aleksej Pokusevski (sprained right ankle) is OUT.
- Cason Wallace (sprained big toe) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Jaylin Williams (strained hamstring) is OUT.
- Kenrich Williams (back spasms) is OUT.
- Cade Cunningham (quadriceps tendinitis) is PROBABLE.
- Jalen Duren (sprained ankle) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Isaiah Livers (sprained left ankle) is OUT.
- Monte Morris (lower back spasms) is OUT.
- Bojan Bogdanovic (strained right calf) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 20-9 against the Pistons (11-3 at home, 9-6 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Pistons 7 times, lost it 1 time, and tied it 7 times.
- The Thunder went 1-1 against the Pistons last season (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder lost to the Pistons 128-125 last Thursday in Montreal, Canada.