Tip-Off: 8 PM CT
Location: Pepsi Center (Denver, CO)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Thunder are prepared to wrap up their preseason play in Denver tonight as they take on the Nuggets. Oklahoma City is 2-1 through three games so far with the most recent win against the Australian NBL team Melbourne United coming down to the wire. Denver is 3-1 in the preseason, and they are sporting a new look to their squad somewhat like the Thunder.
During the offseason, the Nuggets were able to sign Paul Millsap, who spent his last four seasons in Atlanta with the Hawks. Millsap has been an All-Star for the last four years, and Denver is hopeful that he will be able to take the Nuggets back to the playoffs along with help from Gary Harris, who just signed a 4-year $84-million rookie-scale extension. Denver also has Nikola Jokic, Wilson Chandler, and Jamal Murray to round out the starting five with Kenneth Faried, Juan Hernangomez, Will Barton, and a handful of other role players who offer support off the bench.
- Alex Abrines (left knee strain) will make his preseason debut tonight.
- Raymond Felton (sprained left wrist) and Patrick Patterson (left knee) are out.
- A win on Sunday guaranteed a .500-or-better record for the Thunder for the 7th time in nine preseasons in Oklahoma City (no preseason in 2011-12 season due to NBA players’ lockout).
- Thunder rookie Terrance Ferguson played almost 35 minutes on Sunday, second only to Paul George.
- Andre Roberson had career-highs in free throws made (5) and attempted (8) against Denver on January 7, 2017.
- Alex Abrines set a career-high in rebounds (6) against Denver on April 12, 2017.
- Josh Huestis tied his career-high in points (7) and set his career-high in blocks (3), assists (2), and minutes (24) against Denver on April 12, 2017.
- Carmelo Anthony was drafted by and played his first eight seasons in the NBA with the Denver Nuggets.
- Nikola Jokic had a career-high 5 blocks against Oklahoma City on April 12, 2017.
- Jamal Murray had a career-high 7 rebounds against Oklahoma City on April 12, 2017.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram.