Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, OK)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Thunder has not looked all that impressive over the last couple of games, but winning both in the clutch is a stark improvement over recent results. Oklahoma City will look to continue making improvements tonight as they take on the Utah Jazz, who are riding a six-game winning streak. Last night, the Jazz destroyed the Washington Wizards 116-69.
While Utah has been hot lately, all but one of those wins has come at home. The Jazz have not been that great on the road this season (2-7), while the Thunder has been pretty solid in Oklahoma City (8-3). Both of these teams have lackluster offenses who rely on their defensive pressure to win games, so expect a grueling matchup tonight.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Andre Roberson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ricky Rubio
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Joe Ingles
- PF: Derrick Favors
- C: Rudy Gobert
- Rodney Hood (ankle) is out.
- Joe Johnson (wrist) is out.
- Dante Exum (left shoulder surgery) is inactive.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 24-12 against the Jazz (15-2 at home, 9-10 away).
- In nine seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Jazz seven times, lost it once, and tied once.
- Earlier this season, the Thunder lost to the Jazz 87-96 in Utah on October 21.
- Oklahoma City has won seven of the last nine matchups with Utah.
- The Thunder and the Jazz will meet two more times this season (12/20 in Oklahoma City and 12/23 in Utah).
- Oklahoma City is on a two-game winning streak, while Utah has won their last six in a row.
- Oklahoma City is 5-5 in the last ten games, while Utah is 7-3.
- Oklahoma City is 8-3 at home, while Utah is 2-7 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 5-9 against the Western Conference, while Utah is 8-5.
- Oklahoma City is 1-5 against the Northwestern Division, while Utah is 4-2.
- Oklahoma City is 4-7 in games where they have one day of rest.
- Utah is 4-1 in the second game of a back-to-back this season.
- The Thunder and the Jazz are ranked first and second in the NBA in steals.
- The Thunder and the Jazz are both ranked in the top five in opponent points per game and opponent turnovers.
- The Thunder and the Jazz are both ranked in the bottom ten in points per game, rebounds per game, and assists per game.
- Thabo Sefalosha, who played six seasons with the Thunder, now plays for the Jazz.
Be sure to tune in to “Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys” at 5 PM CT. You can click on the link to watch the live stream on YouTube Live, listen online here, or download the Crossover Radio app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter & Instagram, and give us a like on Facebook.