Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Vivint Smart Home Arena (Salt Lake City, UT)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Thunder and the Jazz met just three days ago in Oklahoma City, and it wasn’t even close. The Thunder blew out the Jazz 107-79, and tonight, the teams will meet in Salt Lake City for their final matchup of the season. One day after losing to the Thunder, the Jazz knocked off the Spurs at home 100-89, and last night, the Thunder held off the Atlanta Hawks thanks to a buzzer-beater three from Russell Westbrook.
The Thunder is two games above .500 for the first time all season, and the Jazz are struggling to find their way back to even. Donovan Mitchell returns for Utah tonight after missing two games, and the Jazz are closer and closer to getting healthy. Oklahoma City needs to pick up a win tonight so that they can go into their Christmas Day matchup with the Houston Rockets with a full head of steam.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Andre Roberson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ricky Rubio
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Joe Ingles
- PF: Jonas Jerebko
- C: Derrick Favors
- Donovan Mitchell (toe contusion) is expected to play.
- Ekpe Udoh (undisclosed injury) is questionable.
- Raul Neto (concussion) is out.
- Rudy Gobert (sprained PCL in left knee and bruised tibia ) is out.
- Dante Exum (left shoulder surgery) is inactive.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 26-12 against the Jazz (17-2 at home, 9-10 away).
- In nine seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Jazz seven times, lost it once, and tied once.
- The Thunder owns a 2-1 advantage over the Jazz so far this season.
- Oklahoma City has won nine of the last 11 matchups with Utah.
- This is the final meeting between the Thunder and the Jazz this season.
- Oklahoma City has won five of the last six, while Utah has lost seven of their last nine.
- Oklahoma City is 7-3 in the last ten games, while Utah is 3-7.
- After starting the season 2-10 on the road, Oklahoma City has won three of the last four to sit at 5-11 on the road. Utah is 12-5 at home.
- After losing six Western Conference matchups to start the season, Oklahoma City has won nine of the last 12 to sit at 9-9. Utah is also 9-9 against the Western Conference.
- After losing the first five Northwestern Division matchups of the season, Oklahoma City has won the last four to sit at 4-5. Utah is 4-4 against the Northwestern Division.
- Oklahoma City is 2-3 in the second game of a back-to-back, while Utah is 5-3.
- Thabo Sefalosha, who played six seasons with the Thunder, now plays for the Jazz.
Be sure to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter & Instagram, and give us a like on Facebook.