Tip-Off: 5:30 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, OK)
Television: TNT, FSOK
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
While the season did not go quite as expected, the Oklahoma City Thunder is prepared to kick off the Western Conference Quarterfinals against the Utah Jazz, and Thunder fans everywhere are excited to see what this team might be able to do.
These two teams have not met since December 23rd, and a lot has happened since then. Utah is considered to be one of the hottest teams in the West right now, but Oklahoma City is riding a three-game win streak into the playoffs, and the Thunder seems to be clicking at the moment.
Oklahoma City is considered to be a slight favorite in the series, likely because of homecourt advantage, but many are picking Utah to win the series. As for tonight, the Thunder needs to focus on taking care of business at home and picking up a win in Game 1 would be the first step. While taking a 1-0 lead doesn’t guarantee a series win, it is definitely a move in the right direction.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Corey Brewer
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ricky Rubio
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Joe Ingles
- PF: Derrick Favors
- C: Rudy Gobert
- Andre Roberson (left patellar surgery) is OUT.
- Alex Abrines (concussion protocol) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Corey Brewer (sprained knee) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Thabo Sefolosha (MCL surgery) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 27-12 against the Jazz (17-2 at home, 10-10 away) in the regular season.
- This is the first meeting in the playoffs between Oklahoma City and Utah.
- In 10 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Jazz eight times, lost it once, and tied once.
- The Thunder won this season’s series with the Jazz 3-1.
- Oklahoma City has won 10 of the last 12 matchups overall with Utah and 13 in a row in Oklahoma City.
- Oklahoma City has won three games in a row, while Utah lost their season finale against the Portland Trail Blazers.
- Oklahoma City is 5-5 in the last 10 games, while Utah is 7-3.
- Oklahoma City is 27-14 at home, while Utah is 20-21 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 28-24 against the Western Conference, while Utah is 34-18.
- In 10 seasons, this is the Oklahoma City’s eighth time to make the playoffs. The Thunder has a 51-45 (33-16 at home, 18-29 on the road) record in those eight appearances.
- The Thunder is 5-2 in Game 1s of the opening round, 9-8 in Game 1s overall.
Be sure to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter & Instagram, and give us a like on Facebook.