Tip-Off: 9:30 PM CT
Location: Vivint Smart Home Arena (Salt Lake City, Utah)
Television: ESPN, FSOK
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder pulled off the largest comeback in franchise history on Wednesday night after trailing by 25 points in the third quarter to rally and win 107-99. The Thunder capitalized on getting Jazz big men Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors into foul trouble, allowing Oklahoma City to score at will.
The Thunder lost Games 3 and 4 by an average of 15 points, and on top of that, Utah’s fans have been loud and hostile at times. Oklahoma City found some success on both ends of the floor on Wednesday, but they are going to have to come in with even more adjustments if they want to force a Game 7. If the Thunder can figure out a way to get Gobert out of the game, they will have a much better chance at winning, so targeting him in the paint will be priority number one for the night.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Corey Brewer
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ricky Rubio
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Joe Ingles
- PF: Derrick Favors
- C: Rudy Gobert
- Andre Roberson (left patellar surgery) is OUT.
- Thabo Sefolosha (MCL surgery) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 27-12 against the Jazz (17-2 at home, 10-10 away) in the regular season.
- In 10 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Jazz eight times, lost it once, and tied once.
- The Thunder won this season’s series with the Jazz 3-1.
- Oklahoma City has won just two of the last matchups with the Jazz in Salt Lake City.
- In eight appearances, Oklahoma City has a 53-48 record in the playoffs (35-17 at home, 18-30 on the road).
- The Thunder is 5-4 all-time in Game 6 appearances (2-3 at home, 3-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-2 in Game 6 appearances when trailing 3-2 through five games.
- Oklahoma City is 1-2 in series wins whenever they trail 3-2 through five games.
Be sure to check out our latest edition of “Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys.”
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter & Instagram, and give us a like on Facebook.