“As a coach, it was disappointing to watch. We waited until the fourth quarter to play on offense and make plays. It was essentially just a game full of mistakes for us, one right after the other. The defense played well, but the offense couldn’t move the ball at all.
We also had two dumb penalties that gave them 30 yards. We also got out of position a few times on defense. On the long run, we had two guys who stuck their heads in the same gap. I was concerned about whether we could rally back after a big win last week. We were a little flat early in the week, then we practiced well and finished the week strong, but we certainly didn’t play like that tonight. The good news is that we get to play another game and I told the team that I would sure hate to finish the season like this.” – Mike Gundy opening statement
“We didn’t block very well, we didn’t throw very well, and we didn’t run the ball very well. It looked like zero sense of urgency.” – Mike Gundy on the offensive struggles
“We’re a great team. Sometimes we just don’t play to our full potential and we’re better than this. We just got to keep coming back better.” – Chuba Hubbard on the state of the team
“It’s burning up inside. I hate losing games, especially games that we are supposed to win. I just want to finish out the season well. It’s just another thing to learn from.” – Justin Phillips on the frustration of losing
“No, it’s just a focus thing. When we play against teams that are supposedly good, we play our best games. It was just a focus thing.” – Kenneth Edison-McGruder on if TCU wanted it more
- Oklahoma State is now 15-12-2 all-time vs. TCU.
- Mike Gundy is 4-3 against TCU.
- The Cowboys are 6-4 in their last 10 true road games.
- Taylor Cornelius’ two touchdowns move him into a tie with Brandon Weeden (2011) for the third most single-season touchdowns responsible for at 38.
- Four of Matt Hockett’s seven punts went for 50 yards or more, with a longest of 71 yards.
- Dillon Stoner extended his stretch of consecutive games with a catch to 24.