Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
The Oklahoma City Thunder dropped an embarrassing 114-112 loss to the Bulls in Chicago on Friday, but after a couple days of rest, they hope to rebound in front of a home crowd tonight as they face off against the visiting Utah Jazz. A win for the Thunder would push them ahead of the Golden State Warriors for the top spot in the Western Conference.
The Jazz, on the other hand, have had a rough season so far as they sit at 11th in the West at 13-14. Donovan Mitchell is putting up very similar stats to his breakout rookie year while shooting marginally worse, but the Jazz on a team are not working as well as they were in the second half of last season.
The Thunder may have revenge on the mind as the Jazz knocked the Thunder out of the first round of the playoffs back in April. Regardless of motivation, both teams are coming into the game at near full health, so it should be a good matchup.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ricky Rubio
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Joe Ingles
- PF: Jae Crowder
- C: Rudy Gobert
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 27-12 against the Jazz (17-2 at home, 10-10 away) in the regular season and 4-2 (2-1 at home, 0-3 on the road) in the playoffs.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Jazz 8 times, lost it once, and tied once.
- The Thunder won the season series 3-1 (2-0 at home, 1-1 on the road) a year ago.
- The Thunder has won 14 consecutive regular season games against the Jazz at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- The Thunder recently lost to the Chicago Bulls on Friday night, and the Jazz lost to the Spurs last night.
- Oklahoma City is 7-3 in their last 10 while Utah is 5-5 in their last 10.
- Oklahoma City is 9-3 at home while Utah is 9-8 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 7-6 against the Western Conference while Utah is 9-9.
- Oklahoma City is 0-1 against Northwest Division rivals while Utah is 0-2.
- Oklahoma City is 4-1 after two days of rest while Utah is 2-2 in the second game of a back-to-back.
- The Thunder is 3-1 on Monday night while the Jazz is 1-4.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Utah Jazz Official Game Notes