Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: American Airlines Center (Dallas, Texas)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder picked up a necessary win over the Suns in Phoenix on Friday night, and now, due to a scheduling quirk, the Thunder will play the Dallas Mavericks in back-to-back nights, tonight in Dallas and tomorrow in Oklahoma City.
The Thunder is a half game back of first place in the Western Conference, and the Mavericks have slowly dropped in the standings over the last few weeks, winning just 1 of their last 8 games. The Mavs are tied for the second-best home record in the entire league, though, so winning in Dallas will be no easy task.
The Mavericks have a new face to their franchise in rookie Luka Dončić, and he’s a heavy favorite to win the NBA’s Rookie of the Year award. OKC will need to do a good job of containing Dončić, as he is the primary producer and spark for Dallas.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Dennis Smith Jr.
- SG: Wesley Matthews
- SF: Harrison Barnes
- PF: Luka Dončić
- C: DeAndre Jordan
- Alex Abrines (stomach illness) is OUT.
- Paul George (right quad contusion) is PROBABLE.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- DeAndre Jordan (left knee contusion) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Wesley Matthews (right foot soreness) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Dennis Smith Jr. (right wrist sprain) is PROBABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 21-16 against the Mavericks in the regular season (12-6 at home, 9-10 on the road) and 9-5 in the playoffs (4-3 at home, 5-2 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Mavericks 4 times, lost 4 times, and tied twice.
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Mavericks this season (0-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder has won 8 of the last 12 matchups with the Mavericks, but the Mavs have won 2 of the last 3 in Dallas.
- The Thunder most recently defeated the Suns in Phoenix on Friday night while the Mavericks lost to the Pelicans in New Orleans on Friday night.
- Oklahoma City is 10-8 on the road while Dallas is 14-3 at home.
- Oklahoma City is 12-10 against the Western Conference while Dallas is 9-15.
- The Thunder is 11-7 after one day of rest while the Mavs are 8-11 after one day of rest.
- The Thunder is 1-2 on Sundays while the Mavs are 1-3.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Dallas Mavericks Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.