Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
It seems like just yesterday that the Oklahoma City Thunder was taking on the Mavericks in Dallas. Oh wait. It was.
After failing to execute down the stretch, the Thunder dropped a 105-103 loss to the Mavericks in Dallas last night, and now the two teams will play in a New Year’s Eve game at the ‘Peake in OKC.
Russell Westbrook shot his worst from the field for the entire season making just 4-22 (18.2%) of his shots with most of them coming from outside the paint. Between that and a number of other plays unable to hit at opportune times, the offense sputtered throughout, and it was not until Paul George got hot late that the Thunder really looked like they were going to be able to score against the Mavs.
The bright spot in last night’s game was the defense, which grabbed 15 steals, tied for second-most on the season, and Westbrook had 6 of those. It is going to take a defensive effort in the second game of a back-to-back (SEGABABA) to pick up a win in front of the home crowd tonight.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Dennis Smith Jr.
- SG: Wesley Matthews
- SF: Harrison Barnes
- PF: Luka Dončić
- C: DeAndre Jordan
- Alex Abrines (stomach illness) is OUT.
- Paul George (right quad contusion) is PROBABLE.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Wesley Matthews (right foot soreness) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Dirk Nowitzki (return from injury management) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 21-17 against the Mavericks in the regular season (12-6 at home, 9-11 on the road) and 9-5 in the playoffs (4-3 at home, 5-2 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Mavericks 4 times, lost 4 times, and tied twice.
- The Thunder is 0-2 against the Mavericks this season (0-0 at home, 0-2 on the road).
- The Thunder has won just 1 of the last 5 matchups against the Mavericks but 4 of the last 5 in OKC.
- The Mavericks defeated the Thunder in OKC on New Year’s Eve last year 116-113.
- The Thunder lost to the Mavericks last night in Dallas for their second loss in a row.
- The Thunder is 5-5 in their last 10 while the Mavs are 3-7.
- Oklahoma City is 12-4 on the road while Dallas is 2-15 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 12-11 against the Western Conference while Dallas is 10-15.
- The Thunder is 3-2 in SEGABABAs while the Mavs are 0-5.
- The Thunder is 5-1 on Mondays while the Mavs are 3-2.
- The Thunder is 8-6 in December while the Mavs are 7-8.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Dallas Mavericks Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.