Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder embarrassed themselves on Sunday night as they fell victim to the Washington Wizards, a struggling team who came into the game riding an 8-game losing streak on the road.
Now, the Thunder hopes to put that loss behind them as they turn their focus to the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Thunder lost to the Wolves in OKC a few weeks ago in a tight game that featured some questionable officiating at the end. Nevertheless, Oklahoma City needs to bounce back and get a win against a team that just fired their head coach.
Tom Thibodeau was let go on Sunday, despite the fact that the Wolves were fresh off a 22-point victory over the Los Angeles Lakers. A team can respond in two ways after firing their coach: crumble to pieces or rise to the occasion. The Thunder cannot afford to come out flat like they did on Sunday. They have to strike first and put Minnesota away early. Otherwise, it could be a long night for the home team.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Jeff Teague
- SG: Josh Okogie
- SF: Andrew Wiggins
- PF: Taj Gibson
- C: Karl-Anthony Towns
- Alex Abrines (personal) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Robert Covington (right knee bone bruise) is OUT.
- Derrick Rose (sprained right ankle) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 29-11 against the Timberwolves (16-4 at home, 13-7 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the 4-game regular season series against the Timberwolves 7 times, lost it once, and tied it twice.
- The Thunder lost the season series against the Timberwolves 1-3 (1-1 at home, 0-2 on the road) a year ago.
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Wolves so far this season (0-1 at home, 0-0 on the road).
- The Thunder most recently lost to the Wizards on Sunday night while the Timberwolves have won 2 consecutive games.
- The Thunder is 6-4 in the last 10 games, and the Timberwolves are 5-5 in their last 10 games.
- Oklahoma City is 13-5 at home while Minnesota is 5-15 on the road. The Wizards have lost 8 consecutive road games.
- Oklahoma City is 15-11 against the Western Conference while Minnesota is 9-15.
- The Thunder and the Wolves are both 3-3 against Northwest Division foes.
- The Thunder is 13-9 after one day of rest while the Wolves are 15-13 after one day of rest.
- The Thunder is 1-2 on Tuesdays while the Wolves are 0-0.
- The Thunder is 2-1 in January while the Wolves are 2-1.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Minnesota Timberwolves Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.