Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
After dropping 5 of 6 games, the Thunder looked to be in a bad situation. They were losing close games to teams that had no business even standing a chance against OKC, and with the competition in the West being as stiff as it is, the Thunder desperately needed a shakeup of sorts.
Then, seemingly out of nowhere, the Thunder has run off 3 consecutive wins, 2 of them probably being the best wins of the season for OKC, and now fans are back on the optimistic side of NBA life.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the New Orleans Pelicans, who are 22-26 on the season and without their perennial superstar Anthony Davis. Davis has a sprain in his left index finger and is expected to be out at least another week. Meanwhile, the Pelicans are 1-1 in the games that he has missed recently, but New Orleans is just 2-5 on the season when Davis sits.
The Thunder and the Pelicans have split the first two meetings so far this season, each team winning at home, but these matchups are typically very close. 6 of the last 7 meetings between OKC and NOLA, dating back to last season, have been decided by single digits.
The Thunder has a great opportunity to take advantage of the paint with Davis sitting out, so they should look inside to get Steven Adams going early. If they are able to do that, and thus effectively attack the rim, then the home team should come out of this one with another victory.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Elfrid Payton
- SG: Jrue Holiday
- SF: E’Twaun Moore
- PF: Julius Randle
- C: Jahlil Okafor
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Anthony Davis (left index finger sprain) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 23-14 against the Pelicans (13-6 at home, 10-8 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Pelicans 7 times and lost it 7 times.
- The Thunder lost the season series 1-2 against the Pelicans a year ago (0-1 at home, 1-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-1 (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road) against the Pelicans so far this season.
- The Thunder has won 5 of the last 6 meetings with the Pelicans at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- The Thunder has won 3 consecutive games while the Pelicans most recently lost to the Detroit Pistons last night.
- Oklahoma City is 5-5 in their last 10 while New Orleans is also 5-5 in their last 10.
- Oklahoma City is 15-7 at home while New Orleans is 7-19 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 17-14 against the Western Conference while New Orleans is 13-16.
- Oklahoma City is 16-12 after one day of rest while New Orleans is 1-6 in the second game of a back-to-back.
- The Thunder is 2-3 on Thursday night this season while the Pelicans are 0-1.
- The Thunder is 6-5 in January while the Pelicans are 5-5.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- New Orleans Pelicans Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.