The Baltimore Ravens are enjoying the football factory at the University of Oklahoma. Last year the Ravens landed Orlando Brown and Mark Andrews in the draft and this year it was Marquise Brown and now Ben Powers.
Coming to Oklahoma as a Top 40 JUCO recruit (Butler Community College), Powers was a first-team All-Big 12 selection in 2018, starting all 14 games at left guard with the group that won the Joe Moore Award as the top offensive line in college football.
A three-year starter for the Sooners, he becomes the fourth OU lineman selected in this year’s draft, joining Cody Ford (Buffalo), Bobby Evans (LA Rams), and Dru Samia (Minnesota).
|6-4||307||33 3/4″||9 7/8″|
- Plays with an attitude.
- Uses his strength wisely.
- Has good body composure and keeps his pads square.
- Hand positioning is very good.
- Played both guard spots in college.
- Not a strong “leg driver” in run blocking.
- Hip movement seems to be a struggle at times.
- Doesn’t have length.