Dru Samia became the third Oklahoma offensive lineman, and fifth overall OU player, selected in the 2019 NFL Draft when the Minnesota Vikings took him with the 12th pick of the fourth round.
Samia was a top 15 offensive tackle recruit nationally, out of Sacramento, California, when he arrived at Oklahoma. He became a four-year starter for the Sooners, playing both guard and tackle. Last season he started all 14 games on the Joe Moore Award-winning Oklahoma offensive line, where he earned second-team All-America from the Associated Press and a first-team All-Big 12 from the conference coaches.
- Good footwork and quickness.
- Able to get good angles on the second level.
- Able to seal off, or turn, defenders with his footwork.
- Can move laterally.
- Played both guard and tackle in college.
- Needs to work on body control.
- Tendency to place hands too low in pass protect.
- Will lunge at times.