Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, OK)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (4-7) suffered a blow out loss 111-85 to the Indiana Pacers (7-4) on Tuesday night in Indiana. Despite this season being considered a rebuilding year for the Thunder, OKC has competed handily against every single opponent so far. Until the Pacers, that is.
On Tuesday, the Thunder offense could not make a shot to save their lives, and the defense was unable to keep up and get the stops necessary to keep them in the game. No Thunder player was on the court for more than 25 minutes due to the nature of the blowout, which allowed some young guys to get plenty of run, but this was definitely not a fun contest to watch for OKC fans.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the Philadelphia 76ers (7-4), who are fresh off a blowout loss of their own. Despite a close game through three quarters, Philadelphia was unable to hold on in the fourth, and the 76ers fell to the Orlando Magic (4-7) 112-97 on Wednesday night.
Despite starting the season 5-0, the Sixers have struggled to go 2-4 since then. Philadelphia is favored tonight, but the Thunder has competed well this season, excluding Tuesday. Steven Adams is going to need to show up big to combat Joel Embiid. If OKC can win the battle in the paint, they could easily come away with a victory.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ben Simmons
- SG: Josh Richardson
- SF: Tobias Harris
- PF: Al Horford
- C: Joel Embiid
- Hamidou Diallo (left knee sprain) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
By the Numbers
- 47.5: Number of rebounds per game by the Sixers (5th in the NBA)
- 44.0: Number of rebounds per game by the Thunder (23rd in the NBA)
- 52.4: Number of points in the paint per game by the Sixers (5th in the NBA)
- 49.1: Number of points in the paint allowed per game by the Thunder (17th in the NBA)
- 18.0: Number of turnovers per game by the Sixers (29th in the NBA)
- 16.0: Number of points off turnovers per game by the Thunder (24th in the NBA)
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 19-2 against the Sixers (9-1 at home, 10-1 on the road).
- After losing their first matchup ever with the Philadelphia 76ers, the Oklahoma City Thunder won 19 straight before losing the most recent one.
- In 11 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Sixers 9 times and tied it twice.
- The Thunder tied the season series with the 76ers a year ago 1-1 (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder won the first 9 games played against the 76ers at Chesapeake Energy Arena before losing for the first time last season.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.