Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (6-11) suffered their worst loss of the season in a complete blowout in Portland on Wednesday. The Blazers were hot shooting the ball as they knocked down their first 10 shots of the game, and the Thunder just couldn’t hang.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the New Orleans Pelicans in the first of consecutive matchups with the Pels. The Pelicans are in a similar situation as the Thunder in terms of the Western Conference standings as well as building a future with a young core. The Pelicans are in a slightly better situation, however, but they have dealt with injuries for most of the season so far.
Oklahoma City is a slight favorite for tonight’s game, and if they can find their defensive identity once again, the Thunder should be able to end the night with a win.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Jrue Holiday
- SG: JJ Redick
- SF: Kenrich Williams
- PF: Brandon Ingram
- C: Jaxson Hayes
- Hamidou Diallo (hyperextended right elbow, sprain) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Lonzo Ball (stomach virus) is OUT.
- Derrick Favors (personal reasons) is OUT.
- Darius Miller (right achilles surgery) is OUT.
- Zion Williamson (right knee scope) is OUT.
By the Numbers
- 115.7: Number of points scored per game by the Pelicans (5th in the NBA)
- 120.1: Number of points allowed per game by the Pelicans (29th in the NBA)
- 108.8: Number of points allowed per game by the Thunder (12th in the NBA)
- 107.4: Number of points scored per game by the Thunder (21st in the NBA)
- 16.4: Number of turnovers per game by the Pelicans (24th in the NBA)
- 19.8: Number of points allowed off turnovers per game by the Pelicans (26th in the NBA)
- 17.7: Number of fast break points allowed per game by the Pelicans (30th in the NBA)
- 9.8: Number of fast break points scored per game by the Thunder (29th in the NBA)
- 53.0: Number of points in the paint allowed per game by the Pelicans (30th in the NBA)
- 43.9: Number of points in the paint scored per game by the Thunder (26th in the NBA)
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 25-15 against the Pelicans (15-6 at home, 10-9 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Pelicans 7 times, tied it once, and lost it 3 times.
- The Thunder tied the season series 2-2 against the Pelicans a year ago (2-0 at home, 0-2 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-0 against the Pelicans so far this season (1-0 at home, 0-0 on the road).
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.