Tip-Off: 8 PM CT
Location: Moda Center (Portland, Oregon)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (9-12) are fresh off perhaps the most dramatic victory in franchise history. On Friday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves, Steven Adams launched a full court pass to Dennis Schröder for a buzzer-beating layup to force overtime. OKC went on to destroy the Wolves 17-5 during free basketball to walk away with the 139-127 win.
Tonight, the Thunder plays the Trail Blazers (9-14) in Portland. The Blazers have struggled this season, but they have had the Thunder’s number, winning both matchups so far.
The Thunder has played really well in the paint lately, thanks in part to heavy contributions from Steven Adams. If OKC wants to get a rare win on the road in Portland, they will need to look to Adams early and often.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Abdel Nader
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Damian Lillard
- SG: CJ McCollum
- SF: Kent Bazemore
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Hassan Whiteside
- Hamidou Diallo (hyperextended right elbow, sprain) is OUT.
- Terrance Ferguson (right hip soreness) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Zach Collins (dislocated left shoulder) is OUT.
- Rodney Hood (ruptured left achilles) is OUT.
- Jusuf Nurkic (fractured left leg) is OUT.
- Gary Trent Jr. (right hamstring strain) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 22-24 (13-10 at home, 9-14 on the road) against the Trail Blazers in the regular season and 1-4 (1-1 at home, 0-3 on the road) in the playoffs.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Trail Blazers 4 times, lost it 5 times, and tied twice.
- The Thunder swept the Blazers 4-0 last year in the regular season (2-0 at home, 2-0 on the road), but OKC fell to Portland 1-4 in the playoffs (1-1 at home, 0-3 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-2 (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road) against the Blazers so far this season.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.