Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (31-20) came out of the NBA Trade Deadline unchanged, and while Danilo Gallinari was nearly moved to the Miami Heat, OKC couldn’t get the deal they wanted, so he’s staying—through the end of the season, at least.
While some wanted OKC to make a trade, perhaps the best was move was not making any changes at all. The Thunder has been rolling for a while now, and while they’re not exactly built to contend for a title, they’re not in terrible shape considering the “rebuild” that was supposed to take place.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the Detroit Pistons (19-34), who just traded away Andre Drummond in the midst of the madness yesterday. The Pistons are an extremely injured team, and they will likely rely on the new arrivals of John Henson and Brandon Knight to fill out the bench.
Regardless of who plays tonight, the Thunder is clearly the better team, and should they play as expected, this should be another easy win for OKC.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Reggie Jackson
- SG: Langston Galloway
- SF: Tony Snell
- PF: Sekou Doumbouya
- C: Christian Wood
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Bruce Brown (right thumb sprain) is AVAILABLE.
- Blake Griffin (left knee surgery) is OUT.
- Luke Kennard (bilateral knee patella tendinitis) is OUT.
- Markieff Morris (flu) is OUT.
- Svi Mykhailiuk (right hip strain) is OUT.
- Derrick Rose (left hip adductor strain) is OUT.
- Khyri Thomas (right foot surgery) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 16-5 against the Pistons (9-2 at home, 7-3 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Pistons 6 times, lost it 0 times, and tied it 5 times.
- The Thunder won the season series 2-0 last year (1-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.