Kickoff: 6:30 PM CT
Location: Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
- Saturday will mark Oklahoma’s 115th all-time meeting against OSU. OU’s most games versus any opponent is 116 against Texas.
- Oklahoma has dominated the Bedlam Series with its 89-18-7 (.811) all-time record against Oklahoma State, and is 42-9-2 (.811) in the series in Norman.
- This will mark the first Bedlam night game in Norman.
- OU’s 89 wins against Oklahoma State are its most against one opponent and the second most in FBS history against one program (Nebraska has 91 wins vs. Kansas).
- Today’s Bedlam game will mark just the seventh since the start of the AP Poll, in 1936, that OSU is ranked higher than OU going into the game.
- OU is 55-7 in the Bedlam Series when at least one team is ranked in the AP Poll and 13-1 when both teams are ranked.
- Oklahoma has won 22 straight November games (last loss was on Nov. 8, 2014, vs. Baylor).
- During its five-game winning streak against Oklahoma State (all since Lincoln Riley’s arrival at OU), the Sooners are averaging 48.0 points. They have scored at least 33 points against the Cowboys in each of the last eight meetings, averaging 44.9 points during the stretch.
- Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are two of the Big 12’s top defenses this season. The Cowboys rank second in the league and 13th nationally (among teams that have played more than two games) in total defense (311.5 ypg) while the Sooners rank third and 22nd (338.1 ypg). OU leads the league in rushing defense (98.6 ypg; 12th nationally) and sacks per game (3.7; seventh nationally), while OSU paces the conference (tied) in scoring defense (17.8 ppg; 13th nationally) and pass efficiency defense (110.8; ninth nationally). The squads are among the best in the country in opponent third-down conversion percentage, with OSU ranking first (23.3%) and OU ranking fifth (28.0%).
Craig: 34-24 Oklahoma
Zack: 34-31 Oklahoma State
Mark: 28-27 Oklahoma State
Rich: 35-24 Oklahoma
Matt: 35-27 Oklahoma
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland