Kickoff: 6:00 PM CT
Location: Boone Pickens Stadium (Stillwater, OK)
Notes & Storylines
- Since 2010, Oklahoma State has six seasons with at least 10 wins, an outright Big 12 title (2011) and a share of the Big 12 South title (2010).
- Oklahoma State is one of only seven teams to post a winning season every year from 2010-20, joining Alabama, Boise State, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Washington and Wisconsin. It is one of only three Power Five teams with winning seasons each of the past 15 years, joined by Wisconsin and Oklahoma.
- Today’s game marks the fifth time in the past six years that Oklahoma State has opened the season in Stillwater.
- The Cowboys have been ranked in the preseason top 25 in the coaches poll in five of the past six and eight of the past 11 years.
- Today’s game marks the ninth meeting between Oklahoma State and Missouri State, with the Cowboys going 8-0 in a series that dates back to 1993.
A Win Today Would
- Make OSU 9-0 all-time vs. Missouri State and 14-0 against teams in the MVFC.
- Make it 16-1 in its past 17 non-conference games and 38-6 in its past 44 non-conference games.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record vs. FCS teams to 13-0.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record in non-conference games to 55-12.
- Make OSU 10-2 in its past 12 games played when not ranked by the AP.
- Improve the Cowboys to 42-18 in its past 60 games and 56-24 in its past 80 games.
- Make OSU 75-16 in its past 91 games vs. opponents outside of the AP Top 25, dating back to 2010.
- Improve OSU’s record in season openers to 76-40-6 and its record in home season openers to 53-5-5.
- Make the Cowboys 87-29-5 in home openers.
- Give OSU wins in 13 of its past 14, 16 of its past 18 and 33 of its past 41 season openers.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record in season openers to 15-2 and his record in home openers to 17-0.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record vs. non-Power Five opponents to 37-4.
- Give OSU 26 consecutive wins in home openers, increasing the longest streak in school history.
- Give the Cowboys wins in 46 of its past 52 home openers.
Streaks On The Line
- OSU has scored on defense in three of its past six games.
- OSU has won 73 consecutive games when holding its opponent to fewer than 20 points, dating back to Sept. 13, 2003 the longest active stretch of time in the FBS and longest since at least 1980.
- OSU is 26-10 in its past 36 games decided by fewer than 10 points.
- OSU has held opposing teams to less than a 50 percent third down conversion rate in 11 straight games.
Craig | OSU 48 – MSU 10
Matt | OSU 28 – MSU 21
Rich | OSU 49 – MSU 14
Zack | OSU 54 – MSU 17
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland