Kickoff: 2:30 PM CT
Location: Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners are looking for a tenth consecutive win over Texas Tech.
- Oklahoma’s current 16-game winning streak is the seventh longest in program history and their longest since winning 20 straight over the 2000 and ’01 seasons. It is also the longest active streak in the country, with only one other Power Five program (Georgia at 11) owning a streak longer than eight games.
- Oklahoma is off to the 18th 8-0 start in program history but first since 2004.
- OU has registered winning streaks of at least seven games in a school record seven straight seasons.
- Oklahoma owns a 22-6 record against Texas Tech (12-2 in Norman).
- The Sooners have scored at least 38 points in each of their last 11 games against the Red Raiders. It is tied for the longest streak against an opponent in school history (OU also scored at least 38 points in 11 straight games against Kingfisher College from 1908 through 1919).
- Oklahoma is 27-2 (.931) in home games under Lincoln Riley and the average score in those contests has been 47-22.
- Since Lincoln Riley, a 2006 Texas Tech graduate, arrived at Oklahoma as offensive coordinator in advance of the 2015 season, the Sooners are averaging 57.7 points and 662.3 yards in their six games against the Red Raiders.
- After averaging 175.2 rushing yards per game and 4.6 yards per carry over its first five games, OU is averaging 263.0 yards per contest and 7.2 yards per carry over the last three games.
- The Sooners averaged 38.4 points per game, 433.4 yards per game and 6.3 yards per play over the season’s first five contests. Over the last three outings they have posted respective averages of 47.3, 528.3 and 8.5.
- Among teams with at least 30 red zone trips this season, OU ranks first nationally with its 97.8% score rate (44 scores on 45 trips).
- OU is tied for third nationally this season with its 12 forced fumbles and is tied for second with nine fumble recoveries.
- Oklahoma linebacker Nik Bonitto is tied for third in the league with 5.0 sacks while defensive linemen Perrion Winfrey and Isaiah Thomas are tied for sixth with 4.5 each.
Odds & Predictions
Craig: 44-28 Oklahoma
Matt: 36-29 Oklahoma
Rich: 50-31 Oklahoma
Zack: 56-24 Oklahoma
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland