Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Fiserv Forum (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder and the Milwaukee Bucks have been on two different paths for a while now, and tonight’s result will likely be the clearest picture putting this on display. Despite the fact that the Thunder has won 5 of their last 7 on their way to a 6-8 record, OKC is in no hurry to win games. The Bucks, on the other hand, are reigning NBA champs, and they have every intention of trying to repeat.
The Bucks enter tonight’s matchup with a 7-8 record, which is shocking considering the fact that they blew out the Brooklyn Nets on opening night. Still, the season is young, and a lot can happen between now and the playoffs. For now, Milwaukee shouldn’t have much trouble taking care of our young Thunder squad.
Despite being a double-digit road underdog, I wouldn’t count OKC completely out. Luguentz Dort has been on a scoring tear lately, and after a couple of tough games, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is due for a good night. I anticipate this one will be closer than many expect.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Josh Giddey
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: Jrue Holiday
- SG: Grayson Allen
- SF: Khris Middleton
- PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- C: Bobby Portis
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Theo Maledon is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Paul Watson is OUT (G League – two-way).
- Donte DiVincenzo is OUT (left ankle injury recovery).
- Georgios Kalaitzakis is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Brook Lopez is OUT (back soreness).
- Sandro Mamukelashvili is OUT (G League – two-way).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 14-11 against the Bucks in the regular season (7-5 at home, 7-6 on the road).
- In 13 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Bucks 4 times, lost it twice, and tied it 7 times.
- The Thunder tied the season series 1-1 last year (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).