Tip: 4:00 PM
Location: HTC Center (Conway, SC)
Notes & Storylines
- The Sooners are 3-0 following its victory over East Carolina and it marks the third time in the last four years.
- All five starters against the ECU Pirates finished with double-figure points. Jordan Goldwire logged a seasonhigh 13 points in the 79-74 victory and led OU with six assists.
- Oklahoma has a 50% field goal percentage or better in all three games to start the season. The Sooners are shooting a Big 12 best 55.5% from the field, while holding opponents to 38.5%.
- The Sooners forced a season-high 16 turnovers against the Pirates and outrebounded ECU, 31-23. Nine of the 31 OU rebounds were on the offensive ended, which resulted in 11 points to the Pirates’ five.
How To Watch/Listen
Tip is scheduled for 4 p.m. CT and will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Chad McKee and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will air on ESPN2 with Chuckie Kempf and King McClure on the call.
Scouting The Sycamores
- The Sycamores are 3-1 to start the season with wins over Green Bay (81-77), Hanover (90-49) and Old Dominion
(77-36). ISU’s lone loss of the season was against then-No. 7 Purdue (92-67).
- Indiana State opened the Myrtle Beach Invitational with a 77-36 victory over Old Dominion. ISU had four players in double figures and was led by Cameron Henry’s 17 points on 7-of-12 shooting. Henry logged a double-double in the victory, adding 13 rebounds.
ISU’s Projected Starters
G – Micah Thomas (Redshirt Freshman)
G – Cooper Neese (Junior)
G – Cameron Henry (Redshirt Junior)
G – Xavier Bledson (Redshirt Sophomore)
F – Kailex Stephens (Junior)
Oklahoma’s Projected Starters
G – Jordan Goldwire (Super Senior)
G – Mo Gibson (Senior)
G – Elijah Harkless (Senior)
F – Jalen Hill (Junior)
F – Tanner Groves (Senior)
- Oklahoma and Indiana State will play for the fifth time in program history Friday, Nov. 19 and the third time at a neutral site location.
- Alvan Adams set an Oklahoma single-game record with 28 rebounds in the first-ever meeting against Indiana State Nov. 27, 1972. Adams also tallied 34 points in the 92-84 victory (11/27/1972).
- The Sooners and Sycamores played again the following season. Oklahoma earned the 65-55 victory over Indiana State.
- The two teams clashed in the 1979 NCAA Midwest Regional when the Sycamores were the No. 1 team in the country. ISU earned the 92-73 victory. Oklahoma (No. 5 seed) opened regional play with a 90-76 victory over Texas and finished the year 21-10. OU was Big Eight Champions, Big Eight Tournament Champions and advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16.
- In the 1979 game, Indiana State’s Larry Bird grabbed 15 rebounds, which is still tied for the third-most by an OU opponent. Bird’s 29 points in that game are ranked seventh most by an OU opponent in a single game.
- OU and ISU last played March 16, 2001 in the NCAA Tournament first round. Oklahoma was a No. 4 seed and lost to No. 13 seed Indianan State in overtime, 70-68.
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland