Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder had their worst start to a game of the season on Wednesday when they matched up with the Minnesota Timberwolves in Minneapolis. 10 turnovers and just 3 made shots on 18 attempts led to a 30-10 deficit for OKC, but as Thunder fans know all too well, that was not the end of the story.
By halftime, the Thunder managed to trim Minnesota’s lead to 13 points, but a 9-2 run to start the second half pushed the Wolves’ lead right back to 20 with 9:03 to go in the third quarter. OKC then found a way to turn things around, trailing by just 6 headed into the final period. With 5:27 to go in the game, the Thunder trailed by a single point, but that was as close as they would get as Minnesota would go on to win the game 98-90.
The Thunder gets another shot at the Wolves tonight, but this time in Oklahoma City. After such a poor start by the Thunder on Wednesday, surely they will be able to come out with a little more focus in this one, and maybe, just maybe, the hometown crowd will get to see their first Thunder win of the new year.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Aaron Wiggins
- SF: Josh Giddey
- PF: Luguentz Dort
- C: Jeremiah Earl-Robinson
- PG: Patrick Beverley
- SG: D’Angelo Russell
- SF: Anthony Edwards
- PF: Jarred Vanderbilt
- C: Karl-Anthony Towns
- Derrick Favors is OUT (lower back soreness).
- Jaylen Hoard is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Isaiah Roby is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Leandro Bolmaro is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- McKinley Wright IV is OUT (G League — Two-Way).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 36-15 against the Timberwolves (18-6 at home, 17-9 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the 4-game regular season series against the Timberwolves 9 times, lost it twice, and tied it twice.
- The Thunder went 2-1 (1-1 at home, 1-0 on the road) against the Timberwolves last season.
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Timberwolves so far this season 0-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).