Tip-Off: 7:30 PM CT
Location: Barclays Center (Brooklyn, New York)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
After dropping another close loss to the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, the Oklahoma City Thunder has extended their losing streak to 5, the second longest of the season for OKC. The opposition does not get any easier tonight as the Thunder takes on the Brooklyn Nets in New York.
The Nets are second in the Eastern Conference standings with a 26-14 record, and with the recent return of Kyrie Irving (for away games, anyway), there’s no telling just how good Brooklyn can be. Unfortunately for them, Irving is still not vaccinated, so he’s unable to play in markets that require a covid vaccination, so he will not be available for tonight’s matchup.
In the first meeting between the Thunder and the Nets in Oklahoma City, the Nets had no issue with handling OKC. Tonight is not likely to be another blowout loss because Brooklyn is resting a number of guys, and the Thunder has consistently been a tough team on the road this season, so perhaps this will be a fun one.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Aaron Wiggins
- SF: Josh Giddey
- PF: Luguentz Dort
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: James Harden
- SG: Cam Thomas
- SF: DeAndre’ Bembry
- PF: Kessler Edwards
- C: Day’Ron Sharpe
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Isaiah Roby is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- LaMarcus Aldridge is OUT (right foot soreness).
- Nic Claxton is OUT (left hamstring tightness).
- Kevin Durant is OUT (rest).
- Joe Harris is OUT (left ankle surgery).
- Kyrie Irving is OUT (not with team).
- Patty Mills is OUT (rest).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 16-9 against the Nets (7-5 at home, 9-4 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Nets 6 times, lost it once, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder went 1-1 against the Nets last season (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Nets so far this season (0-1 at home, 0-0 on the road).