Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder snapped their 5-game winning streak in a big way on Thursday night when they dominated the short-handed Brooklyn Nets on the road 130-109. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander popped off for 33 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists; and Luguentz Dort added 27 points while shooting 6-for-10 from downtown. Tonight the Thunder is back in OKC for the lone home game in a 7-game stretch as they host the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Cavs have had a pretty solid season so far in spite of missing Collin Sexton since late November. At 25-18, Cleveland is 5th in the Eastern Conference standings, and they tout one of the tallest starting lineups in the league with 3 guys at 6’11” or higher.
Cleveland could prove to be a matchup issue for the Thunder, but don’t count Oklahoma City out in any game, especially when playing in front of the home crowd. While holding just an 8-13 record at home, the Thunder is 14-7 at covering the spread. The Cavs are a slight favorite tonight, so don’t be surprised if this one goes down to the wire.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Aaron Wiggins
- SF: Josh Giddey
- PF: Luguentz Dort
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: Darius Garland
- SG: Lamar Stevens
- SF: Lauri Markkanen
- PF: Evan Mobley
- C: Jarrett Allen
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Rajon Rondo is OUT (left knee soreness).
- Ricky Rubio is OUT (left knee ACL tear).
- Collin Sexton is OUT (meniscal tear in left knee).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 12-13 against the Cavs (6-7 at home, 6-6 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Cavs 3 times, lost 4 times, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder split the season series with the Cavs 1-1 a year ago (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).