The Oklahoma City Thunder picked up a second consecutive win on Sunday when they dropped the New York Knicks 145-135 at Madison Square Garden. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 37 points, and Josh Giddey recorded a triple-double with 24 points, 12 assists, and 10 rebounds as OKC rallied from a 12-point first quarter deficit to take a lead that they never relinquished.
OKC continues the 4-game road trip tonight as they take on the Boston Celtics at TD Garden. The Celtics are riding a 6-game win streak, and they sit just half game behind the Milwaukee Bucks at 10-3. Jason Tatum is averaging 32.3 points and 7.2 rebounds per game, and Jaylen Brown is averaging 25.3 points and 6.8 rebounds per game, so the Thunder will have their hands full trying to slow down the highest-scoring offense in the league.
Tip-Off: 6:30 PM CT
Location: TD Garden (Boston, Massachusetts)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Aaron Wiggins
- PF: Luguentz Dort
- C: Aleksej Pokusevski
- PG: Marcus Smart
- SG: Jaylen Brown
- SF: Jayson Tatum
- PF: Grant Williams
- C: Al Horford
- Darius Bazley is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Ousmane Dieng is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Eugene Omoruyi is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Malcolm Brogdon is OUT (right hamstring tightness).
- JD Davison is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Danilo Gallinari is OUT (left knee ACL repair).
- Mfiondu Kabengele is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Robert Williams III is OUT (left knee surgery).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 14-14 against the Celtics (5-9 at home, 9-5 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Celtics 4 times, lost it 4 times, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder went 0-2 against the Celtics last season (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).