The Oklahoma City Thunder set a franchise record on Tuesday night when they shocked the entire NBA by soundly defeating the Boston Celtics 150-117 at home. Even though OKC was missing Shai Gilgeous-Alexander due to an illness, the Thunder played one of their most efficient games of the season, shooting the ball incredibly well while working hard to make plays on the defensive end.
Tonight the Thunder hits the road for a single game as they take on the Orlando Magic. The Thunder defeated the Magic 116-108 when the two teams met earlier this season in OKC, but Orlando was missing a chunk of their guys due to injury. The Magic will be without nearly half the team tonight, but most of them will be sitting due to being suspended for their involvement in a recent altercation with the Detroit Pistons.
SGA will sit out another game, but if the Thunder can play with anything close to the same energy and efficiency as they did against Boston last night, then there is no telling what the outcome may be.
- PG: Josh Giddey
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Jalen Williams
- PF: Aaron Wiggins
- C: Kenrich Williams
- PG: Markelle Fultz
- SG: Cole Anthony
- SF: Terrence Ross
- PF: Paolo Banchero
- C: Wendell Carter
- Ousmane Dieng is OUT (non-displaced fractured right wrist).
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (non-covid illness).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Eugene Omoruyi is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is OUT (left tibial plateau; non-displaced fracture).
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Lindy Waters is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Bol Bol is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Kevon Harris is OUT (league suspension).
- Jonathan Isaac is OUT (right knee injury recovery).
- Chuma Okeke is OUT (left knee surgery).
- Admiral Schofield is OUT (league suspension).
- Jalen Suggs is QUESTIONABLE (right ankle soreness).
- Franz Wagner is OUT (league suspension).
- Moritz Wagner is OUT (league suspension).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 20-9 against the Magic in the regular season (12-3 at home, 8-6 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series with the Magic 6 times, lost it once, and tied it 7 times.
- The Thunder went 1-1 against the Magic last season (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-0 agains the Magic so far this season (1-0 at home, 0-0 on the road).