The Oklahoma City Thunder is riding a 3-game win streak after a big 137-128 victory over on Tuesday night against the Golden State Warriors. The Thunder now turns their attention to the road as they kickoff a 3-game road trip in Phoenix on Wednesday night against the Suns.
Kevin Durant has settled in nicely with the Suns since being traded from the Brooklyn Nets a few weeks ago as Phoenix is also on a 3-game win streak. Unfortunately for the OKC, the Thunder is managing Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s abdominal strain, so he will be sitting out tonight. Jalen Williams is also missing a second straight game due to a sprained wrist, and as a result, the short-handed Thunder are a heavy underdog.
OKC is lacking two of their better playmakers, so it’s going to take a heroic effort from Josh Giddey and crew to pull out a win. While that’s unlikely to happen, the Thunder is still in a position where they could make the playoffs, so that will be something to watch as the season continues to wind down.
Tip-Off: 8 PM CT
Location: Footprint Center (Phoenix, Arizona)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Josh Giddey
- SG: Isaiah Joe
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Aaron Wiggins
- C: Jaylin Williams
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Devin Booker
- SF: Josh Okogie
- PF: Kevin Durant
- C: Deandre Ayton
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (abdominal strain).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is OUT (left tibial plateau; non-displaced fracture).
- Jalen Williams is OUT (sprained right wrist).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (scapholunate ligament rupture in left wrist).
- Landry Shamet is OUT (right foot soreness).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 30-18 against the Suns (17-5 at home, 13-13 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Suns 9 times, tied once, and lost 4 times.
- The Thunder lost the season series with the Suns 1-3 a year ago (1-1 at home, 0-2 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Suns so far this season (0-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder has lost 4 straight games to the Suns in Phoenix.