The Oklahoma City Thunder is 1-1 so far on their West Coast road trip, splitting games with the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday and Thursday night, and now they look to take on the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday night. After dropping a 127-105 decision last night, OKC needs to get back on the winning side of things to improve their chances at making the playoffs.
As has been the case for OKC when they face the Lakers, the Thunder is playing in the second game of a back-to-back while the Los Angeles is fresh with a day off after defeating the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday. OKC and LA are tied in the Western Conference standings, along with the Mavericks and the Pelicans, so you could call this one a must-win for both teams.
Tip-Off: 9:30 PM CT
Location: Crypto.com Arena (Los Angeles, California)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jalen Williams
- C: Jaylin Williams
- PG: D’Angelo Russell
- SG: Austin Reaves
- SF: Troy Brown
- PF: Jarred Vanderbilt
- C: Anthony Davis
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is QUESTIONABLE (abdominal strain).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (scapholunate ligament surgery in left wrist).
- Mo Bamba is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Anthony Davis is PROBABLE (right foot stress injury).
- LeBron James is OUT (right foot soreness).
- Scotty Pippen Jr. is OUT (G League — two-way).
- D’Angelo Russell is QUESTIONABLE (right hip soreness).
- Cole Swider is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 27-24 against the Lakers (14-11 at home, 13-13 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Lakers 7 times, lost 5 times, and tied it twice.
- The Thunder went 2-2 (1-1 at home, 1-1 on the road) against the Lakers last season.
- The Thunder is 1-0 against the Lakers so far this season (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).