The Oklahoma City Thunder ripped off their second road win in a row to kickoff the season, starting 2-0 for the first time since the 2016-17 season. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is already looking like a potential MVP candidate, Chet Holmgren is settling in quite nicely as a rookie, and this young squad has Thunder faithful with as high of hopes as they have had years.
Thunder fans finally get to their team in action at home as the Thunder hosts the Denver Nuggets for a Sunday matinee. The Nuggets are off to a hot start at 2-0, and the reigning championships don’t look to be slowing down any time soon. While the season is still young, this could be potentially looked at as a big game later in the season due to the divisional and conference implication.
Tip-Off: 2:30 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jalen Williams
- C: Chet Holmgren
- PG: Jamal Murray
- SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
- SF: Michael Porter
- PF: Aaron Gordon
- C: Nikola Jokic
- Jaylin Williams is OUT (strained right hamstring).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (lower back spasms).
- Vlatko Cancar is OUT (left knee surgery).
- Jay Huff is OUT (fractured right rib).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 25-31 against the Nuggets (16-13 at home, 9-18 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series with the Nuggets 6 times, lost it 8 times, and tied it once.
- The Thunder went 1-3 against the Nuggets last season (0-2 at home, 1-1 on the road).