Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
Stream: Watch Here
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
After an offseason full of changes, the Oklahoma City Thunder are set to kickoff their preseason action with a matchup against the Houston Rockets. While only a preseason game, this meeting could be labeled as highly anticipated by both sets of fans. The Thunder were knocked out of the playoffs by the Rockets after losing the first round series 4-1, and Houston was expecting to get Carmelo Anthony in a trade, but instead, he ended up in Oklahoma City.
🔨 At work in Tulsa.
Preseason opener vs 🚀 streams live at 7CT on Thunder App & https://t.co/51R49wippe.
*NBA limits it to OK only. pic.twitter.com/jxjpTGxTCM
— OKC THUNDER (@okcthunder) October 3, 2017
- Russell Westbrook, Patrick Patterson, and Alex Abrines will not play tonight, all out with minor left knee injuries.
- Although resting tonight, Westbrook participated in contact portions of practice yesterday.
- Raymond Felton will start in place of Westbrook.
- Paul George, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul are all making their debuts for their new teams.
- George and Anthony are expected to play heavy minutes in the first half, but how much they played in the second half will be decided at halftime.
- The Thunder are 3-5 in preseason openers since arriving in Oklahoma City. There was no preseason in the 2011-12 season due to the NBA lockout.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram.