Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, OK)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
A warm welcome home on Friday night seemed to be the remedy for the ailing Oklahoma City Thunder. After losing four in a row, the Thunder handled the Clippers on Friday, which was the first matchup of a four-game homestand. Oklahoma City has a good chance to move to .500 hosting the Mavericks (2-11) tonight and the Bulls (2-9) on Wednesday before playing the Spurs on Friday.
The Mavericks are off to a similar start as last season, when they went 2-13 before winning their third game. Dallas is in tough position where they have a lot of young talent, which means inexperience. As for their veterans, Dirk Nowitzki is on the downhill slide of his hall-of-fame career, and Harrison Barnes has played well under the value of his contract.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Andre Roberson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Patrick Patterson
- C: Dakari Johnson
- PG: Dennis Smith, Jr.
- SG: Yogi Ferrell
- SF: Wesley Matthews
- PF: Harrison Barnes
- C: Dirk Nowitzki
- Steven Adams (calf contusion) is out.
- Carmelo Anthony (sore back) is out.
- Seth Curry (leg) is out.
- Josh McRoberts (sore knee) is out.
- Devin Harris (bruised ribs) is questionable.
- In nine seasons in Oklahoma City, the Thunder is 19-13 against the Mavericks in the regular season (11-5 at home, 8-8 on the road) and 9-5 in the playoffs (4-3 at home, 5-2 on the road).
- Oklahoma City won the season series 2-1 with the Mavericks last year.
- In nine seasons in Oklahoma City, the Thunder has won the season series against the Clippers four times, lost four times, and tied once.
- Andre Roberson tallied a career-high 12 rebounds on February 19, 2015, against the Mavericks in Oklahoma City.
- Oklahoma City is 3-2 at home. Dallas is 1-5 on the road.
- The Thunder is 1-7 against Western Conference opponents, while the Mavericks are 1-8.
- The Thunder broke a four-game losing streak on Friday, while the Mavericks have lost seven of their last eight.
- Raymond Felton played two seasons (2014-16) for the Dallas Mavericks.
- Dallas is tied for the worst record in the league at 2-11.
- The Mavericks are one of only four teams in the NBA to average fewer than 100 points at 99.5 per game.
- Russell Westbrook is 29 years old today.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.