Tip-Off: 9 PM CT
Location: Arena Ciudad de Mexico (Mexico City, Mexico)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Thunder is on a three-game win streak, tied for the longest of the season for Oklahoma City, after winning a third consecutive game in the clutch on Tuesday against the Utah Jazz. Tonight, the Thunder are in Mexico City, Mexico, where they will take on the Brooklyn Nets.
Oklahoma City will be without Paul George and Jerami Grant, two key cogs to the Thunder offensively and defensively, so it will be interesting to see who picks up those extra minutes. Expect to see an uptick in play for a number of guys, most notably may be Alex Abrines, who has seen increased playing time the past couple of games anyways.
As for their opponent, the Brooklyn Nets are missing D’Angelo Russell, who has missed the last ten games after having knee surgery. His return is still unknown, and without him, the Nets don’t have a lot to rely on when it comes to scoring. Brooklyn has seven other active players that average double digits, but nobody averages more than Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (14.1 ppg), and no other player has scored more than 25 points in a game so far this season.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Andre Roberson
- SF: Carmelo Anthony
- PF: Patrick Patterson
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Spencer Dinwiddie
- SG: Allen Crabbe
- SF: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
- PF: Demarre Carroll
- C: Tyler Zeller
- Paul George (right calf contusion) is out.
- Jerami Grant (left hip contusion) is out.
- D’Angelo Russell (left knee surgery) is out.
- Jeremy Lin (ruptured patella tendon, right knee) is out.
- Isaiah Whitehead (G-league assignment) is unavailable.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 11-6 against the Nets (5-3 at home, 6-3 on the road).
- In nine seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Nets four times, lost it once, and tied four times.
- Oklahoma City has won three of the last four matchups with Brooklyn.
- Oklahoma City and Brooklyn will meet again on January 23rd, 2018, in Oklahoma City.
- Oklahoma City is on a three-game winning streak, while Brooklyn has won two of their last three.
- Oklahoma City is 5-5 in the last ten games, while Brooklyn is 4-6.
- Oklahoma City is 5-3 against the Eastern Conference, while Brooklyn is 5-8 against the Western Conference.
- Oklahoma City is 5-7 in games when they have one day of rest.
- Brooklyn is 3-4 when they have two days of rest.
- Oklahoma City has lost seven consecutive road games.
Be sure to check out our most recent segment of “Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys.”
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter & Instagram, and give us a like on Facebook.