Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, OK)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder and Utah Jazz have gone down quite different paths since they last played a little over two weeks ago. Including the win over the Jazz, the Thunder has gone 5-3 since, while the Jazz have gone 1-6. Oklahoma City hasn’t looked all that spectacular since, but they have managed to close out games and win. Utah, however, has a bad case of the injury bug, and it has effected them in a major way.
Tonight, Utah could be without it’s star rookie guard Donovan Mitchell, who has been perhaps their most important player this season. Oklahoma City needs to put together a solid win as they are undoubtedly looking forward to a big Christmas Day matchup with the Houston Rockets. Oklahoma City and Utah will meet again on Saturday in Utah, and a win tonight would give the Thunder the edge for the season series matchup.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Andre Roberson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Dakari Johnson
- PG: Ricky Rubio
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Joe Ingles
- PF: Joe Johnson
- C: Ekpe Udoh
- Steven Adams (concussion) is questionable.
- Donovan Mitchell (right great toe contusion) is questionable.
- Derrick Favors (concussion) is questionable.
- Rudy Gobert (sprained PCL in left knee and bruised tibia ) is out.
- Dante Exum (left shoulder surgery) is inactive.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 25-12 against the Jazz (16-2 at home, 9-10 away).
- In nine seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Jazz seven times, lost it once, and tied once.
- The Thunder and Jazz have split their two meetings so far this season.
- Oklahoma City has won eight of the last 10 matchups with Utah.
- The Thunder and the Jazz will meet one more time this season on Saturday in Utah.
- Oklahoma City has won three of their last four, while Utah has lost six of their last seven.
- Oklahoma City is 7-3 in the last ten games, while Utah is 4-6.
- Oklahoma City is 10-4 at home, while Utah is 3-12 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 8-9 against the Western Conference, while Utah is 8-8.
- Oklahoma City is 3-5 against the Northwestern Division, while Utah is 4-3.
- Oklahoma City is 9-9 in games where there is one day of rest, while Utah is 5-11.
- Thabo Sefalosha, who played six seasons with the Thunder, now plays for the Jazz.
Be sure to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter & Instagram, and give us a like on Facebook.