Tip-Off: 8:30 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: FSOK, NBA TV
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder lost all composure in a grueling 113-96 loss to the Utah Jazz in Salt Lake City on Monday. The loss puts the Thunder in a 3-1 hole in the first round series, making tonight a win or stay home game.
The Thunder has neglected to make adjustments through four games, allowing the Jazz to be the team to take advantage of the defensive breakdowns and poor offensive flow of Oklahoma City.
If Utah manages to maintain what they have done specifically over the last two games, then Oklahoma City doesn’t stand a chance. Only 11 teams in the history of the NBA Playoffs have ever come back from a 3-1 deficit in a series, but none of that matters if the Thunder can’t get a win tonight.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Corey Brewer
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ricky Rubio
- SG: Donovan Mitchell
- SF: Joe Ingles
- PF: Derrick Favors
- C: Rudy Gobert
- Andre Roberson (left patellar surgery) is OUT.
- Thabo Sefolosha (MCL surgery) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 27-12 against the Jazz (17-2 at home, 10-10 away) in the regular season.
- In 10 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Jazz eight times, lost it once, and tied once.
- The Thunder won this season’s series with the Jazz 3-1.
- Oklahoma City has lost three in a row to the Jazz, but the Thunder has won 14 of the last 15 matchups with the Jazz at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- In eight appearances, Oklahoma City has a 52-48 record in the playoffs (34-17 at home, 18-30 on the road).
- The Thunder is 7-8 all-time in Game 5 appearances (5-2 at home, 2-6 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-3 in Game 5 appearances after trailing 3-1 through four games.
- Oklahoma City is 0-3 in series wins whenever they trail 3-1 through four games.
Be sure to check out our latest edition of “Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys.”
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter & Instagram, and give us a like on Facebook.