Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: State Farm Arena (Atlanta, Georgia)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder picked it up in the second half on Saturday night against the Spurs to grab a 122-112 win in front of the home crowd, which broke a 3-game losing streak for OKC.
The streak was the worst since the 0-4 start for the Thunder, and now that it is behind them, OKC needs to get back on track by stringing some wins together, and tonight lends a fantastic opportunity to do that when they take on the Hawks in Atlanta.
The Atlanta Hawks are 13-30 on the season, which puts them with a few other bottom dwellers in the Eastern Conference. The Hawks have a lot of young talent in Trae Young and John Collins, but for now, that’s simply not enough to compete against the league’s best.
As long as Oklahoma City can focus on what they do best by forcing turnovers and getting out in transition, then this should be an easy win for the Thunder.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Trae Young
- SG: Kevin Huerter
- SF: Deandre’ Bembry
- PF: John Collins
- C: Omari Spellman
- Alex Abrines (personal) is OUT.
- Nerlens Noel (concussion) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Kent Bazemore (right ankle sprain) is OUT.
- Dewayne Dedmon (left ankle sprain) is OUT.
- Miles Plumlee (left knee pain) is OUT.
- Taurean Prince (illness) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 13-7 against the Hawks (7-3 at home, 6-4 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Hawks 3 times, lost it twice, and tied 4 times.
- The Thunder won the season series 2-0 last year (1-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-0 against the Hawks so far this season (1-0 at home, 0-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the last 2 games against the Hawks at State Farm Arena.
- The Thunder most recently defeated the San Antonio Spurs 122-112 in Oklahoma City on Saturday while the Hawks most recently lost to the Milwaukee Bucks 133-114 in Atlanta on Sunday.
- The Thunder is 5-5 in the last 10 games, and the Hawk are 4-6 in their last 10 games.
- Oklahoma City is 12-10 on the road while Atlanta is 7-11 at home.
- Oklahoma City is 10-3 against the Eastern Conference while Atlanta is 3-9 against the Western Conference.
- The Thunder is 7-1 after two days of rest while the Hawks are 9-20 after one day of rest.
- The Thunder is 1-3 on Tuesdays while the Hawks are 2-4.
- The Thunder is 3-3 in January while the Hawks are 2-5.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Atlanta Hawks Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.