Tip-Off: 5 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: ESPN and Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder is riding a 4-game win streak after surviving a late push against the New Orleans Pelicans on Thursday night, and after 2 days of rest, the Thunder hosts the top team in the NBA right now, the Milwaukee Bucks.
The Bucks, who are on a 6-game win streak, are led by superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo, who does a little bit of everything for Milwaukee. He comes into today’s matchup averaging 26.6 points on 58.1% shooting from the field, 12.6 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.5 blocks, and 1.4 steals.
As a team, Milwaukee boasts top-5 offensive and defensive ratings, and they are deadly on both sides of the ball. The Thunder will have to lock in on defense, specifically on Antetokounmpo. As for offense, OKC will need to pick and choose their shots. They cannot afford to take bad threes early in the shot clock today.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Eric Bledsoe
- SG: Malcolm Brogdon
- SF: Khris Middleton
- PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- C: Brook Lopez
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Donte DiVincenzo (bilateral heel bursitis) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 11-8 against the Bucks in the regular season (5-4 at home, 6-4 on the road).
- In 10 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Bucks 3 times, lost it once, and tied it 6 times.
- The Thunder split the season series 1-1 last year (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has won 5 of the last 7 matchups with the Bucks, as well as 4 of the last 5 in Oklahoma City.
- The last meeting between the two teams ended in drama as Giannis Antetokounmpo stepped out of bounds in the final seconds and proceeded to make a basket with under a second left. The basket was counted, and the Thunder lost the game.
- The Thunder has won 4 consecutive games while the Bucks have won 6 in a row.
- Oklahoma City is 5-5 in their last 10 while Milwaukee is 8-2 in their last 10.
- Oklahoma City is 16-7 at home while Milwaukee is 13-8 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 12-4 against the Eastern Conference while Milwaukee is 12-5 against the Western Conference.
- Oklahoma City is 7-2 after 2 days of rest while Milwaukee is 19-7 after one day of rest.
- The Thunder is 1-4 (1-3 at home, 0-1 on the road) on Sunday this season while the Bucks are 4-0 (1-0 at home, 3-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 7-5 (3-3 at home, 4-2 on the road) in January while the Bucks are 10-2 (6-1 at home, 4-1 on the road).
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Milwaukee Bucks Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.