Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Amway Center (Orlando, Florida)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder is one of the hottest teams in the league right now, winning their last 5 in the row. The latest victory was an impressive win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Tonight, the Thunder is on the road to play the Orlando Magic, who have lost 3 in a row and 6 of their last 7. The Magic have a lot of young talent, but they have yet to really piece things together and figure out a way to win.
Despite Orlando’s struggles over the last few seasons, the Magic has put up a fight against the Thunder on a number of occasions to create some memorable games. 2 of the last 3 meetings between the Thunder and the Magic at the Amway Center have been decided in overtime, one of them double overtime. Those 2 were both wins by the Thunder, but the meeting in Orlando last year was a double-digit thrashing by the Magic over OKC.
Coming off of several solid wins over the last couple of weeks, tonight’s matchup with the Magic could easily be a trap game for the Magic. OKC cannot afford to let any game slip away, so they need to take care of business early and avoid getting behind on the road to a young, energetic team fighting for wins.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: D.J. Augustin
- SG: Evan Fournier
- SF: Aaron Gordon
- PF: Jonathan Isaac
- C: Nikola Vučević
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Isaiah Briscoe (sprained right ankle) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Timofey Mozgov (right knee surgery) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 11-8 against the Bucks in the regular season (5-4 at home, 6-4 on the road).
- In 10 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Bucks 3 times, lost it once, and tied it 6 times.
- The Thunder split the season series 1-1 last year (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has won 5 of the last 7 matchups with the Bucks, as well as 4 of the last 5 in Oklahoma City.
- The last meeting between the two teams ended in drama as Giannis Antetokounmpo stepped out of bounds in the final seconds and proceeded to make a basket with under a second left. The basket was counted, and the Thunder lost the game.
- The Thunder has won 5 consecutive games while the Magic has lost 6 3 a row.
- Oklahoma City is 6-4 in their last 10 while Orlando is 3-7 in their last 10.
- Oklahoma City is 14-11 on the road while Orlando is 12-14 at home.
- Oklahoma City is 13-4 against the Eastern Conference while Orlando is 1-15 against the Western Conference.
- Oklahoma City is 17-12 after one day of rest while Orlando is 12-15 after one day of rest.
- The Thunder is 2-4 (2-1 at home, 0-3 on the road) on Tuesday this season while the Magic is 1-1 (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 8-5 (4-3 at home, 4-2 on the road) in January while the Magic is 4-10 (2-3 at home, 2-7 on the road).
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Orlando Magic Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.