Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Target Center (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder managed to break their 4-game losing streak in an ugly win against the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday, and now the Thunder faces the daunting task of a four-game road trip. Tonight, the Thunder plays the Timberwolves in Minnesota.
The Thunder has lost both matchups against the Timberwolves so far this season–both played in Oklahoma City–and OKC has had a rough go of things against Minnesota over the last couple of seasons. The Thunder has won just 2 of the last 8 games against the Timberwolves, and 5 of the last 7 have been decided on a single possession, with a couple of buzzer beaters thrown in.
To add to the drama, there may be some bad blood between the two teams after an elbow from Timberwolves forward Andrew Wiggins left Thunder center Nerlens Noel concussed in the last meeting between the two teams on January 8th.
The Thunder needs to get back on the winning track to maintain their hold on the 3-seed in the West, and the Timberwolves are still clawing for hope at a playoff spot. Tonight’s game is sure to be a close one, and Paul George is expected to miss his fourth straight for the Thunder, so OKC is going to have buckle down on defense without their Defensive Player of the Year candidate.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Dennis Schröder
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Jeff Teague
- SG: Josh Okogie
- SF: Andrew Wiggins
- PF: Dario Šarić
- C: Karl-Anthony Towns
- Paul George (left shoulder soreness) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Robert Covington (right knee bone bruise) is OUT.
- Luol Deng (sore left Achilles) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 29-12 against the Timberwolves (16-5 at home, 13-7 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the 4-game regular season series against the Timberwolves 7 times, lost it once, and tied it twice.
- The Thunder lost the season series against the Timberwolves 1-3 (1-1 at home, 0-2 on the road) a year ago.
- The Thunder is 0-2 against the Wolves so far this season (0-2 at home, 0-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has lost 6 of the last 8 against the Timberwolves, and 5 of the last 7 matchups have been decided by one possession.
- The Thunder picked up a 99-95 win over the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday while the Timberwolves have lost 3 in a row.
- The Thunder is 5-5 in the last 10 games, and the Timberwolves are 4-6 in the last 10.
- Oklahoma City is 17-15 on the road while Minnesota is 20-10 at home.
- Oklahoma City is 23-18 against the Western Conference while Minnesota is 18-22.
- The Thunder is 22-15 after one day of rest while the Timberwolves are 21-16 after one day of rest.
- The Thunder is 4-5 (3-1 at home, 1-4 on the road) on Tuesdays while the Timberwolves are 2-2 (0-0 at home, 2-2 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-1 (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road) in March while the Timberwolves are 0-1 (0-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Memphis Grizzlies Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.