Tip-Off: 2:30 PM CT
Location: Target Center (Minneapolis, Minnesota))
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
For only the second time since the All-Star Break, the Oklahoma City Thunder has won back-to-back games and for the first time in almost two months, OKC has a chance to extend the streak to 3.
Today, the Thunder plays the Timberwolves in Minnesota to wrap up the season series between the Northwest Division rivals. Minnesota has owned the Thunder in every matchup so far this season, but OKC is not just trying to avoid being swept on the season: the Thunder needs to keep winning to improve their playoff seeding.
The Timberwolves have been out of playoff contention for quite some time, and they are facing a slew of injuries, but Karl-Anthony Towns is healthy, and he has been trouble for the Thunder for quite some time now. Steven Adams has had a solid stretch of games, and after dominating All-Star Andre Drummond on Friday night, his matchup with Towns will be the most important one of today’s game.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Tyus Jones
- SG: Josh Okogie
- SF: Andrew Wiggins
- PF: Dario Šarić
- C: Karl-Anthony Towns
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Robert Covington (right knee bone bruise) is OUT.
- Luol Deng (sore left Achilles) is OUT.
- Taj Gibson (strained left calf) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Derrick Rose (right elbow surgery) is OUT.
- Jeff Teague (left foot inflammation) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 29-13 against the Timberwolves (16-5 at home, 13-8 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the 4-game regular season series against the Timberwolves 7 times, lost it once, and tied it twice.
- The Thunder lost the season series against the Timberwolves 1-3 (1-1 at home, 0-2 on the road) a year ago.
- The Thunder is 0-3 against the Wolves so far this season (0-2 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder has lost 7 of the last 9 overall against the Timberwolves and 4 of the last 5 at the Target Center.
- The Thunder has won two consecutive games while the Timberwolves have also won consecutive games.
- The Thunder is 4-6 in the last 10 games while the Timberwolves are also 4-6 in the last 10.
- Oklahoma City is 20-19 on the road while the Timberwolves are 25-14 at home.
- Oklahoma City is 26-24 against the Western Conference while Minnesota is 22-28.
- The Thunder is 27-21 after one day of rest while the Timberwolves are 25-21 after one day of rest.
- The Thunder is 3-6 (3-4 at home, 0-2 on the road) on Sundays this season while the Timberwolves are 5-5 (3-2 at home, 2-3 on the road).
- The Thunder is 9-13 (6-7 at home, 3-6 on the road) since the All-Star Break while the Timberwolves are also 9-13 (6-4 at home, 3-9 on the road).
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Minnesota Timberwolves Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, and Stitcher.