Chuba Hubbard racked up 256 yards, and three touchdowns, on 32 carries, Tylan Wallace had 118 yards, and a score, on five receptions and the defense pitched a second half shutout in a 40-21 Cowboy win over Tulsa. Here are a few things that you may not have known.
• Saturday marked the seventh straight win over Tulsa and the 11th win in the past 13 meetings with the Golden Hurricane.
• The Cowboys are now 41-27-5 all-time vs. Tulsa and 16-21-2 all-time against the Golden Hurricane in Tulsa.
• OSU now has 13 straight wins in non-conference games, marking the second-longest streak in OSU history and only trailing the 15-game streak from 1983-85.
• Oklahoma State improved to 35-5 in its past 40 non-conference games.
• The Cowboys are 65-12 in the last 77 games vs. unranked opponents, dating back to 2010.
• Mike Gundy’s record vs. teams in the American Athletic Conference is now 5-2.
• Gundy’s record in non-conference games is now 52-11.
• OSU is 3-0 for the third straight season and for the 10th time in the Mike
• Hubbard’s game-opening touchdown at the 14:50 mark ranks among the
fastest scores in school history.
• It was the first time OSU has scored on its first offensive play from
scrimmage since James Washington scored on a 91-yard pass from
Mason Rudolph against Pitt on Sept. 17, 2016.
• Chuba Hubbard surpassed the 100-yard rushing mark with 11:23
remaining in the first quarter. His totals at the time were six carries for 116
yards and two touchdowns. He finished the first quarter with 14 carries for
163 yards and two touchdowns.
• Tylan Wallace has at least one receiving touchdown in eight of his past
• Entering Saturday, Wallace was the only player in the country with two
catches of at least 60 yards. He added his third with a 90-yard touchdown
catch in the third quarter.
• Wallace’s 90-yard touchdown reception from Sanders was the longest of
both of their careers, the third-longest passing play in school history and
the second longest passing play in the nation this season.
• Wallace finished with118 receiving yards to mark the ninth 100-yard
game of his career. It marked his second-straight game with more than
100 receiving yards. For the season he now has 15 catches for 390 yards
with six touchdowns.
More General Notes
• With the individual totals of Wallace and Hubbard, today’s game is
OSU’s first since Bedlam 2017 with a 200-yard rusher and a 100-receiver
in the same game. Against OU it was Justice Hill with 228 rushing yards
and James Washington (128) and Tyron Johnson (118) with the receiving
• After trailing at the half, OSU gained control of today’s game by outscoring Tulsa 13-0 in the third quarter and outgained the Hurricane 182-30 in total yards.
• OSU pitched a second-half shutout against Tulsa, its first since Sept 8,
2018 vs. South Alabama. TU did not crack the 100-yard mark in second
half total offense until its final drive of the game. • The Cowboys have now cracked the 500-yard mark in total offense in four straight games and in eight of the last nine games.
• Oklahoma State’s three sacks and eight TFLs were season highs for the Pokes.
Follow us on Twitter | @SportsHeartland