Tip-Off: 9:30 PM CT
Location: Staples Center (Los Angeles, California)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma, NBA TV
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (5-8) went down to the wire last night against the Los Angeles Clippers (9-5), but Paul George hit a dagger 3 with 25 seconds left to give the Clippers the lead for good to win 90-88.
Despite the tough loss, it’s good to see the Thunder continuing to fight, and while they did not shoot particularly well—37.3% from the field and 25.9% from three—the defense was impressive in shutting down a team that was coming off a 150-point performance.
Tonight, the Thunder plays in the same building as last night, but this time, it’s against the Los Angeles Lakers (11-2). The Lakers could easily be labeled the best team in the NBA right now, and with Lebron James and Anthony Davis paired up, the Thunder could be in for a long night.
The key to tonight’s game for OKC is to contain LA’s superstars as best as they can, which is obviously no easy task. If even one of those guys starts hitting shots, look out.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
- SG: Danny Green
- SF: Lebron James
- PF: Anthony Davis
- C: JaVale McGee
- Hamidou Diallo (left knee sprain) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Avery Bradley (hairline fracture, right leg) is OUT.
- DeMarcus Cousins (rehab, right knee) is OUT.
- Anthony Davis (sore right shoulder) is PROBABLE.
By the Numbers
- 100.6: Number of points per game allowed by the Lakers (1st in the NBA)
- 105.8: Numbers of points per game allowed by the Thunder (8th in the NBA)
- 36.0: Percent of made threes by the Thunder (11th in the NBA)
- 31.9: Percent of made threes against the Lakers (4th in the NBA)
- 33.3: Percent of made threes by the Lakers (24th in the NBA)
- 30.9: Percent of made threes against the Thunder (2nd in the NBA)
- 53.7: Number of points in the paint per game by the Lakers (2nd in the NBA)
- 48.3: Number of points in the paint allowed per game by the Thunder (17th in the NBA)
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 23-15 against the Lakers (13-6 at home, 10-9 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Lakers 7 times, lost 3 times, and tied once.
- The Thunder won the season series against the Lakers 2-1 last season (1-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- After losing 8 of the first 9 matchups with the Lakers starting in the inaugural 2008-09 season, the Thunder has won 22 of the last 29 against LA.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.