Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Spectrum Center (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (15-15) is fresh off one of their worst losses of the season as they fell 110-97 to the Memphis Grizzlies (12-20). The Thunder led early, but Memphis took control in the second quarter, and OKC did not have another comeback left in the tank.
Tonight, the Thunder plays the Charlotte Hornets (13-20) on the road. The Hornets have lost 3 consecutive games, the Thunder is just 4-9 on the road. Tonight would be a great opportunity for OKC to start improving that road record, especially considering this is the first game of a stretch where the Thunder will play 6 of 7 away from Chesapeake Energy Arena.
The Hornets have a small starting lineup; their tallest player is Nicolas Batum at 6’9″. Oklahoma City should look to Steven Adams early and often. Adams has had a solid December so far averaging 14.5 points on 68.8% shooting from the floor to go along with 10.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists, and 1.7 blocks. Find Adams down low, and the Thunder should roll to a win.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Terry Rozier
- SG: Devonte’ Graham
- SF: Miles Bridges
- PF: Nicolas Batum
- C: Bismack Biyombo
- Hamidou Diallo (hyperextended right elbow, sprain) is OUT.
- Luguentz Dort (G-League Assignment) is OUT.
- Danilo Gallinari (left ankle soreness) is OUT.
- Justin Patton (G-League Assignment) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- PJ Washington (fractured right finger) is PROBABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 16-5 against the Hornets (9-2 at home, 7-3 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the regular season series against the Hornets 7 times, lost it once, and tied it 4 times.
- The Thunder won the season series with the Hornets 2-0 last season.
- The Thunder has won 3 matchups in a row against the Hornets.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.