Tip-Off: 5:30 PM CT
Location: The Field House (Orlando, Florida)
Television: ESPN & Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (44-27) defeated insurmountable odds on Wednesday evening as they overcame a 22-point 4th quarter deficit to get a 116-115 victory over the Miami Heat (44-28). Now, the Thunder wraps up seeding play against the Los Angeles Clippers (48-23).
The Clippers are considered one of the favorites to not just win the Western Conference Finals, but the NBA Finals, and they are who OKC would meet in the playoffs should both teams advance past the first round. Tonight’s matchup, however, is different as this game does nothing for either team in terms of playoff matchup.
Both the Thunder and the Clippers are likely to rest some players while giving others limited minutes. This is a game that, like Wednesday’s matchup with the Heat, will be a good opportunity for the Thunder’s second and third units to get some play time.
- PG: Dennis Schröder
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Abdel Nader
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Reggie Jackson
- SG: Kawhi Leonard
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Marcus Morris Sr.
- C: Ivica Zubac
- Luguentz Dort (sprained knee) is OUT.
- Chris Paul (sprained left hand) is OUT.
- Patrick Beverley (left calf strain) is OUT.
- Montrezl Harrell (self isolating) is OUT.
- Landry Shamet (left foot sprain) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 23-20 against the Clippers (14-8 at home, 9-12 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Clippers 4 times, tied 4 times, and lost 3 times.
- The Thunder is 1-2 against the Clippers so far this season (1-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).