Kickoff: 11:00 AM CT
Location: Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
- Oklahoma looks to avenge its only 2019 regular season loss
when it hosts Kansas State.
- OU has won seven straight Big 12 openers and 11 of its last 12. Its last Big 12-opening defeat came to No. 15 Kansas State in Norman in 2012.
- Oklahoma owns a 76-20-4 (.780) all-time record and a 13-6 (.684) Big 12-era mark against Kansas State, the highest winning percentages by a Wildcats’ opponent among current Big 12 programs.
- OU’s 76 all-time wins against Kansas State are its third most among all opponents (89 vs. Oklahoma State and 77 vs. Kansas).
- The road team has won six of the last nine meetings in the OU-Kansas State series, but the home team has won three of the last four, including each of the last two.
- The Sooners are 70-13-2 overall and 32-3 at home as the No. 3 team in the AP poll. Against unranked opponents, OU is 47-6 (24-3 at home) as the AP’s No. 3 squad.
- Kansas State enters conference play with 47 returning letterwinners – including 12 starters – from a year ago that ended tied for third in the Big 12 with a 5-4 record.
- KSU senior quarterback Skylar Thompson is in line to make his 29th career start on Saturday. He is one of just four quarterbacks in school history to throw for 4,000 career yards and rush for 1,000 career yards.
- Wildcat senior linebacker Justin Hughes played in his first game in 658 days in the season opener against Arkansas State. He tied for team high six tackles against the Red Wolves.
Craig: 44-24 Oklahoma
Zack: 38-17 Oklahoma
Mark: 49-17 Oklahoma
Matt: 42-14 Oklahoma
Rich: 48-21 Oklahoma
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland